Time to STAGE. Now that you have just the essentials left in your house and everything is clean, it’s time to make your staging sell your house. Here are a few items to help you along the way.
- Neutral paint goes a long way with sellers. You’re trying to appeal to a broad range of individuals and they need to be able to picture their furniture and style in a space. Neutral colors will give the buyers another “MOVE IN READY” feel!
- Neutral doesn’t have to mean boring! If you have a powder room or fantastic wall you want to accent, don’t be afraid to select a deeper, rich, neutral color for that space.
- Make sure each room has a specific purpose to showcase to a buyer. If you use a room as an office/guest room. Pick one and stage for that type of room. Multi-purpose rooms can confuse a buyer.
- Don’t be afraid to move furniture around. If you have always used a chair in the living room, but you have a lot of empty space in your master bedroom, move it to the bedroom and show off your master with sitting area!
- Lighting! You want a buyer to walk in and instantly feel at home. Lighting plays a huge part in how someone feels entering a space. You’ll want around 100 watts per 50 square feet, according to HGTV.com. Try to utilize multiple types of lighting such as:
- Ambient – your overhead or general lighting in a room
- Accent – a table or wall light
- Task – a pendant, under-cabinet or reading light
- Art is meant to be creative! Hanging it at the same height and position in every room will make it blend into the background. Have your artwork accentuate a room and make a statement.
- Let’s use those accessories you left behind…As before, no more than 3 should be on one table, but have fun with it! Mix up heights and widths to make the accessories seem more interesting. However, also make sure they have a unifying characteristic about them so they feel connected
- Make your bathrooms feel like a spa. Roll up towels and add greenery to accent the space.
- Plants (real or fake) will make your house feel more alive. Have them positioned throughout your house to bring each room to life.
Once your house has been de-cluttered, cleaned, fixed, and staged, it’s time to LIST IT!